Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Growing in faith and works is an iterative process

The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!"  He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you.
Luke 17:5‭-‬6 NIV

The Lord gives you faith.  And you try to obey, and the Lord blesses your obedience.  And then you get more faith.  And then the Lord invites you to join Him in another work.  And, again, you grow in faith as you excercise the faith that you have, through works of obedience.  

That might sound mechanical, but Jesus teaches us that obedience is synonymous with abiding and loving Him (John 15).

Heavenly Father, I want to see what you are doing, hear what you are saying, and join you in your works.  Lord, may I be faithful to conserve spiritual momentum by exercising the faith that you have given me. I want to grow.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment