Monday, April 10, 2017

seeing and hearing the Father

Jesus characterized his teaching simply as what he saw the Father doing and heard the Father saying.  Jesus characterized his teaching as reporting on his presence with the Father.

I know that you are Abrahamʼs descendants. Yet you are looking for a way to kill me, because you have no room for my word.  I am telling you what I have seen in the Fatherʼs presence, and you are doing what you have heard from your father. "  "Abraham is our father," they answered.  "If you were Abrahamʼs children," said Jesus, "then you would do what Abraham did.  As it is, you are looking for a way to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things.
John 8:37‭-‬40 NIV

Jesus modeled the close relationship with the Father that He wants us to abide in.  It seems to me that the principal barrier to enjoying that close relationship with the Father in our modern culture is being too busy.

I want to spend time every day in the Father's presence hearing Him and seeing Him, following Jesus's example.

Heavenly Father, please show me the next steps to take to grow in hearing you and seeing you.  Help me focus my heart and mind on you.  Deliver me from distractions in my heart and mind.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment