Thursday, April 13, 2017

A father's legacy

I was looking at a friend's Facebook page this morning, and his profile photo is of his brothers and him standing in the rain at their dad's burial.  It is a powerful photo.

I realized that the principal legacy of a father is his children.  

It made me contemplate how I need to spend more quality time with my children, with a focus on teaching them how to think.

As I was standing at the front of the auditorium during an exam for my large freshmen intro course this morning, I realized that I want to be a father to my students.  I want to do more than teach them how to calculate forces and moments; I want to teach them how to think.

What if the world knew how good our Heavenly Father is because we lived like Him.  His legacy is up to us.

Heavenly Father, thank you for trusting us with your legacy.  Please help me show who you really are.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment