Friday, April 28, 2017

Excercising faith

Jesus rode into Jerusalem on the colt of a donkey, and people celebrated Him as the Messiah.  He spent the night in Bethany, and on they way in to Jerusalem the next morning, He cursed a fig tree for not bearing fruit.  On their way back to Bethany, the disciples were amazed that the fig tree had withered from the roots.

Mark 11:22-25
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "Truly I tell you, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in their heart but believes that what they say will happen, it will be done for them.  Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.  And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive them, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."

I am impressed by four concepts around asking:
1. Have faith in God.  Believe that He is good, that He is able to provide, that He wants to provide, and that He will provide.
2. Believe and do not doubt that it will happen.
3. Believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
4. Generously give forgiveness to anyone, and expect God to be generous to you in the same way.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your faithfulness.  Faith in you is never misplaced.  You are worthy of our faith.  Jesus, thank you for your example of living a life of faith.  Lord, may my life be full of tangible proofs of me excercising the faith that you have given me.  Holy Spirit, give me boldness to pray in faith.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment