Monday, April 24, 2017

Faith to be a seer

Mark 10:51‭-‬52 NIV
"What do you want me to do for you?" Jesus asked him. The blind man said, "Rabbi, I want to see."   "Go," said Jesus, "your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus along the road.

Over the past 20 years, I have been trained to develop my analytical cognitive skills and have become an extremely analytical ("left brain") person.  Over the past 10 years, I have become envious of creative, artistic, right-brain people, and I assumed that I can't operate in that capacity because left and right were mutually exclusive.  But recently, through a workbook and some conversations, I have realized that was a lie, and I can grow in right-brain capacity.  As I was driving to work one day last week, I confessed to the Lord that I had believed that lie, and that I am trusting Him to grow me, especially by giving me spiritual visions.  

During our home group last night, as I was preparing my plate of food, I caught a quick glimpse of us praying together for something important.  After dinner and a little discussion, I shared with the group what I had seen, and we prayed for a person in our group to be delivered from addiction to cigarettes.  I believe that this was a confirmation of that vision that I saw.

This morning, I am encouraged by Bartimaeus's bold pursuit of sight.  

Heavenly Father, I believe that you made me with a left brain and a right brain on purpose, and the truth is that I can continue growing in using both.  Lord Jesus, I want to see.  Holy Spirit, you already give me dreams, and I am learning to hear you and see you.  Thank you for giving me visions and growing me as a seer.  I am excited about your work in my life!  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment