Wednesday, September 27, 2017

free to flow

I was listening to worship music this morning, and one of the lyrics was "free to dance".  It got me to thinking about freedom.  I often pray that the Lord will use me as a vessel to dispense Himself through me.  I want to be a clean vessel so that I can be more useful.  But this morning, I was thinking about obstruction to flow.  Lord, remove from my mind and my soul, even my body, anything that prevents or limits your flow through me.

I thought of myself as an electrical circuit.  I want to be a superconductor with zero resistance.  I want the Spirit to be able to flow through me with high power, high amperage, and high voltage.  I want to live with zero impedance.

Father, you set me free.  I was trapped in the prison of sin and death, but you ransomed me with the death of your Son to set me free.  My feet were shacked in sin, and I was a slave to sin, but now I am free to run and dance.  I was held captive and forced to fear, lust, and be angry and proud.  But now I am free to love.  I am free to live your life.  I want your love and life to flow through me and propel me.  You have transferred me from darkness to light.  And you have turbo-charged me with the Holy Spirit.  I want to live unimpeded.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment