Sunday, September 17, 2017

I am a son of God

Romans 8:14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.15 The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." 16 The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. 17 Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

This time through, I have noticed the strong sonship theme in Romans 8.  We have full, legitimate, legal standing as sons and daughters of God.  We are following Jesus's example of a son by abiding in our Father's love and joining our Father in His work.  And that is accomplished by listening to the Holy Spirit and obeying Him.

Father, thank you for making me your son. I want to walk in greater measure of hearing and obeying today.  I want to live a good example of what it means to be your son.  I want people to have a good picture of who you are as the see me.  Jesus, thank you for your example to follow.  Holy Spirit, lead me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment