Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Tending the oil lamp and enjoying the bread

Lev 24:1-9

24:4 The lamps on the pure gold lampstand before the Lord must be tended continually.

The New Covenant revelation is that I am both a tabernacle and a priest.  As a tabernacle and priest of God, I want to tend to the Holy Spirit (oil lamp) who is dwelling within me.  I want to continually be sensitive to His flicker and immediately responsive to His prompting.

24:8-9 This bread is to be set out before the Lord regularly, Sabbath after Sabbath, on behalf of the Israelites, as a lasting covenant. It belongs to Aaron and his sons, who are to eat it in the sanctuary area, because it is a most holy part of their perpetual share of the food offerings presented to the Lord ."

I want to enjoy Christ every day.  He taught us that the bread represents His body, which was broken for us.  By His death, we have life.  He sustains us with His life.

Father, thank you for giving me the Holy Spirit and Jesus so that I can have a relationship with you.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment