Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Hosting God's presence

The ark of God remained with the family of Obed-Edom in his house for three months, and the Lord blessed his household and everything he had.
1 Chronicles 13:14 NIV

What a privilege it was for Obed-Edom to host the ark of God's presence!  And yet, we have an even greater privilege than he, because we have the Holy Spirit within us.

When I read this verse yesterday, I asked God to make my home like that of Obed-Edom.  It is still on my mind this morning.  I want our home to be saturated with the presence of God.  I realize that He is already here, but I want His presence to be manifested in our home.  

Father, thank you for being here.  Jesus, thank you for being here. Thank you for revealing your presence in my home. Holy Spirit move among us in our home.  We welcome you to do whatever you want to do in our home. We love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment