Thursday, August 16, 2018

Spiritual hunger

I was talking with Andrew and Jake last week about wanting to hunger for God.  How do I increase my hunger for God?  Jake suggested that in the physical, you can stretch your appetite by forcing yourself to eat when you aren't hungry (like food eating competitors).  So, I think there is value in choosing to read Scripture and spiritual books, even when you don't "feel" like it.

I was thinking about it again several days ago, and the Holy Spirit told me, "A fire doesn't have a problem being hungry."  I realized that I want the Holy Spirit to kindle a fire in me so that He can keep adding fuel to the fire, and the fire will keep growing.

Father, thank you for making me with a capacity to host your fire.  Jesus, thank you for the prophetic vaions of you in the Scriptures in which you are described as being like fire.  Holy Spirit, kindle your fire in me.  Consume me with your growing fire.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment