Monday, February 25, 2019

Re-new me, today, so that I can be stretched again

And who would pour fresh, new wine into an old wineskin? Eventually the wine will ferment and make the wineskin burst, losing everything—the wine will be spilled and the wineskin ruined. Instead, new wine is always poured into new wineskins."
Mark 2:22 TPT

This can happen on a daily basis if I make my soul available to the Holy Spirit.

Holy Spirit, make me new, again, today.  Your mercies are new every morning.  Yesterday was great, and I am thankful for that.  But I want more of you.  I am thirsty for you today.  And I want you to keep filling me.  You are so respectful that you don't generally barge your way in.  You enter when you are invited.  And then you expand.  Break loose anything in my life that does not honor you.  Remove anything that is taking up space in my soul that could otherwise be occupied by you.  Please wash out the dregs out of this wineskin to make more room for you.  Please fill me, as much as I can handle today, and prepare my soul to be stretched as much as you can today without destroying me. Increase my capacity to be filled and dispensed by you. Pour yourself through me so that others will taste and see that you are good.  You are so good!  You are the best vintage, ever!  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment