Friday, February 1, 2019

Prayer from Jan 9

I wrote this in my prayer journal several weeks ago, but I want to document it here.

Jesus, I am struggling with feeling overwhelmed with work.  What do you want me to do about this?

During His ministry, Jesus had a lot on His plate, but He didn't let it overwhelm Him because He daily took rest with the Father (and sometimes extra naps).  It's not about doing more; it's about doing the Father's will.

Jesus, thank you that joy is found in rest.  Jesus, what part of this struggle will help me?

You grow in maturity by learning to discern between what is good and what is best.  There are a lot of things you  could to, but what should you do?

Thank you, Father, that I am free in Christ from all that the world expects of me.  I am free to do only what you desire.  Jesus, what part of this struggle will hurt me?

If you allow yourself to be governed by the world's expectations, you will be battered by the tide against the rocky shore - battered to destruction.

Jesus, what do you want me to do with that part?

Don't sell yourself out to destruction.  Walk in life and abundance.

Thank you, Jesus.  I will follow you.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment