Monday, October 7, 2019

Amazing grace

Sharita gave us a journal and a BREATHE card:
  • Be Still
  • Remember
  • Examine
  • Apply
  • Trust
  • Hope
  • Expect Experience
My hotel room in Phoenix had a guitar in it, so I thought I would "Be Still" by plucking Amazing Grace.  But the guitar needed to be tuned.  I thought about the metaphor of Being Still as allowing us to be tuned by the Lord.

I sang two stanzas of Amazing grace as I plucked the strings, switching octaves at the high and low points of the song because my voice had not warmed up.  I sang the last stanza acapella even though I was way off key because I really believed that the Lord's pleasure was with my heart, not the technical performance of my voice.

Father, thank you for loving me.  Thank you for freedom to be who I am because Jesus has already measured up.  Your grace is amazing.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment