Tuesday, October 22, 2019

The sanctity of work

In 1st and 2nd Thessalonians, Paul explains that people should not be idle.  Perhaps some were assuming that Jesus was going to return any day, so there was no point in working.  Alternatively, people had "jobs" as personal attendants for wealthy people, but down of their work might have been ethically questionable.

Especially in 2 Thess 3, I think Paul is basically saying that even if you knew that Jesus was coming back tomorrow, you should still go to work today because He wants you to be on mission with Him through your work.

I want to reveal the Kingdom of Heaven through my daily work.

Father, thank you for giving me gifts and talents that I can use in my work.  Jesus, thank you for being a carpenter.  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence and power.  Sanctify my work.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment