Friday, October 4, 2019

Hearing the Spirit

When I was in the shower yesterday morning, I thought I heard the Spirit give me an impression that something unexpected was going to come up, and I needed to make time for it.

As I arrived at my office, I got a text message from a former student saying that he had a family situation and wanted my advice.  I called him straight away and spent an hour listening, comforting, encouraging, and praying for him.

My heart is heavy for my former student, but I was thankful that I actually heard the Spirit and obeyed.

Father, thank you for your great love for us.  Jesus, thank you for your example of a life lived in step with the Spirit.  Holy Spirit, thank you for speaking to me.  Open my ears and eyes to hear you and see you even more.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment