Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Prophet, Priest, and King

1 Chronicles 7-9

As I have been reading the genealogies for the past several days, it occurred to me that these are important because of two important lineage-based offices: priesthood and kingship.  Jesus's lineage is obviously through Judah, because that is why He was born in Bethlehem.  But, He is also cousins with John the Baptist, the son of a priest.  And of course, Jesus's life demonstrates that He is a prophet.  So, indeed, He is The Prophet, the The Priest, and The King!

Heavenly Father, I praise you for your masterfully woven plan!  You are amazing and kind to bring salvation through Jesus Christ,  your Son.  I put my faith, hope, and trust in Jesus Christ alone!  Holy Spirit, please give me power as I testify to the Risen Savior.  I love you, Lord.  And I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment