Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Just teach your son to fear the Lord!

2 Kings 15-16

Azariah (aka "Uzziah") king of Judah and his son, King Jotham "did what was right in the eyes of the LORD".  But Ahaz son of Jotham "did not do what was right in the eyes of the LORD".  Now, I know that a father isn't 100% responsible for his son's behavior, but I wonder if Jotham was intentional with Ahaz about teaching him to love and fear the Lord.  I wonder if Ahaz was a spoiled child.

It is so critical that we teach our children to love and fear the Lord and to stay away from idols (both physical and virtual).

Heavenly Father, thank you for blessing me with my son Beau.  Lord, it will only be by your grace that you will use me to train Beau to seek you and love you with all of his heart.  Lord, may my life be an example to him of how to seek you, so please deliver me of any idolatry in my life.  I pray that he will see you through me.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment