Monday, May 3, 2010

ways and acts

1 Kings 14-15

It was so encouraging to meet with Brother Tom this morning for prayer.  He is a dear Brother, and the Lord has used him so much already to grow me in my faith.  In addition to validating my desire for our congregation to have regular corporate prayer services, he shared the following verse from a recent personal devotion:

Ps. 103:7He made known His ways to Moses,
         His acts to the sons of Israel.


He elaborated that the Israelites were able to see the acts of God, but it was through the intimacy that Moses had with the Lord that allowed Moses to know the ways of the Lord.

Heavenly Father, I want to be close to you so that I can know your ways - your heart, will, and purposes.  Father, I please cleanse me with the blood of Jesus Christ so that I can be close to you.  Please give me humility so that I can draw near to you.  Lord, do not let me be like the kings of Israel and Judah who slipped away from you so quickly.  Lord, please deliver me from idolatry.  I pray that I will have clean hands and a pure heart and that I will not lift up my soul to another.  I ask according to the Will of the Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, and by the power of the Holy Spirit.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment