Thursday, June 2, 2011

Jesus is the Word of Life

John 9:1-25
6 Then he spit on the ground, made mud with the saliva, and spread the mud over the blind man's eyes. 7 He told him, "Go wash yourself in the pool of Siloam" (Siloam means "sent"). So the man went and washed and came back seeing!
Witness Lee points out that the mud (clay) represents humanity, and blindness represents sin and death.  Jesus's spit, which proceeds from His mouth, represents the Word, which is Spirit.  The obedience of washing represents baptism, justification, and sanctification.
 
I am always impressed with the simplicity of the blind man's testimony before the Pharisees:  All I know is, once I was blind, but now I see.
 
Heavenly Father, thank you for your Word which brings Life and healing.  Lord Jesus, you are the Word, and you are alive!  Lord, please live in me today!  Please annoint me with your Spirit so that I may be sent to do your work, and may I be obedient and faithful.  Please help me tell people how you have saved me and healed me.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment