Thursday, June 16, 2011

listening to the Holy Spirit

John 16:1-16

12 "There is so much more I want to tell you, but you can't bear it now. 13 When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own but will tell you what he has heard. He will tell you about the future. 14 He will bring me glory by telling you whatever he receives from me. 15 All that belongs to the Father is mine; this is why I said, 'The Spirit will tell you whatever he receives from me.'

The Holy Spirit guides us along the Way, but how much do I listen to Him?  I need to focus my attention on listening to His voice and obeying His instructions.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your kindness to us through Jesus Christ.  And thank you for sending the Holy Spirit to be close to us and guide us.  Lord, I want to keep in step with the Holy Spirit.  Please turn my heart to seek you and hear you.  I want to know you, and I want to walk with you.  Please help me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment