Wednesday, June 22, 2011

he went voluntarily

John 19:1-16
 
It continues to impress me that Jesus went to the cross voluntarily.  He could have appealed the unjust judgement against Him, or He could have escaped.  But, as Phil. 2 says,
8 he humbled himself in obedience to God
and died a criminal's death on a cross.
 
Heavenly Father, thank you for your amazing love for us.  Thank you for loving us so much that you would send your only begotten Son to die for us.  Lord, it should have been me.  I should have received that brutal treatment for my sin, but Jesus took it all away so that I could be your adopted son.  Thank you, Lord Jesus.  I want my life to be spent for your service in response to the love that you showed me.  I want to be obedient to the will of God and live humbly before you.  Please help me see how you want me to live.  Please live your life in me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment