Wednesday, June 29, 2011

simple Church formula

Acts 2

42And they devoted themselves to the apostles' teaching and the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.

Over the last two years, this verse has become so important to me.  I feel like this verse is descriptive of the Early Church, as well as prescriptive for the Global and Local Church today.  Unfortunately, I think we Americans are so individualized that we miss out on the joy of practicing this simple "formula" for Church.

WE NEED TO SPEND MORE TIME WITH OTHER PEOPLE!

We need to spend more time with our families, we need to spend more time with Brothers and Sisters in Christ, and we need to spend more time with our neighbors.  We need to study the Word (i.e., the Apostles' teaching), hang out, share meals and the Lord's Supper, and pray together.  We need to invite more people over to our house for dinner throughout the week.  We need to meet people for coffee/tea and prayer.  The crazy thing to me is that this formula is not really that complicated; we only have to devote ourselves by making it a priority by making time in our schedules to implement it.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Eternal Life.  Lord, I want to participate in your Kingdom and Family.  I want to be involved in dwelling with you and helping others dwell with you.  Lord Jesus, I want to walk with you, and I want to be integrated in your Body.  Lord, show me how I can lead my family, and how our family should be involved in the Church.  Holy Spirit, please anoint us to fulfill the objective of being witnesses of Christ.  I love you, Lord, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment