Thursday, June 30, 2011

Stress versus opportunity

Acts 3

I am beginning to realize that I need to see the responsibilities of
my job, not as weights or expectations that tax me with stress, but as
opportunities or avenues to show the love of Christ. I need to see my
work each day as a vocation, not a chore. I need to see it from God's
perspective.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to work. Thank you for
the skills that you gave me so that I can work with others who need to
see your love through me. Please give me your perspective so that I
can have your joy and peace. I love you, Lord. I pray in the name of
Jesus Christ.

--
W. Shane Walker, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Civil Engineering
The University of Texas at El Paso
500 W. University Ave.
Civil Engineering A-246
El Paso, TX 79968
(915) 747-8729
wswalker2@utep.edu

No comments:

Post a Comment