Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Belief or Obedience? Faith or Works? Yes.

John 8:31-59

3:16 "For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.
8:51 I tell you the truth, anyone who obeys my teaching will never die!"

Genuine belief includes obedience.  Genuine faith produces works.  We show Christ that we love Him when we obey His teaching.

Heavenly Father, I want to honor Christ by obeying Him.  I believe that you sent Him, that He is your Only Begotten Son, and that He is the way to you.  I love you, and I want to serve you with my whole being.  Please turn my heart to you, and deliver me from worldliness.  Please help me shine your light and be salty today.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment