Friday, June 17, 2011

in the name of Jesus

John 16:17-33
23 At that time you won't need to ask me for anything. I tell you the truth, you will ask the Father directly, and he will grant your request because you use my name. 24 You haven't done this before. Ask, using my name, and you will receive, and you will have abundant joy. ... 26 Then you will ask in my name. I'm not saying I will ask the Father on your behalf, 27 for the Father himself loves you dearly because you love me and believe that I came from God.
Heavenly Father, thank you for the opportunity to pray to you directly.  Lord, thank you for adopting me as your son through the work of your Only Begotten Son.  Father, I am not sure that I really understand what it means to as using the name of Jesus.  I don't want to turn the name of Jesus into a charm, password, or magic spell.  I want to pray the way that you want me to.  I know that you love me because you sent Jesus to die for me, and I believe that Jesus came from you.  I love you, and I want to know you, walk with you, and serve you.  Please draw me closer.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.  (Please teach me if this is not what it means to pray in the name of Jesus.)

No comments:

Post a Comment