Friday, February 24, 2012

prayer

Matthew 28:1-15

Yesterday, I went to the weekly La Fe InterVarsity meeting on campus (for which I am the faculty "advisor").  I haven't been a very good advisor recently with all of my crazy work schedule.  It makes me sad because these students are very genuine, and I feel like God has me here for a reason, and I want to be supportive of the Christian ministries on campus.  We have a mutual responsibility to help people meet and follow Christ.

We studied the parable in Luke 8 about the widow seeking justice from an unjust judge.  My first question is, what is justice?  For example, I think it is justice for God to allow my sons to sleep through the night, but I realize that God does not owe me anything, so I'm not sure if that is justice. 

My second question is, if Jesus tells us to "always pray and never give up", does that mean we should keep praying for the same things, or is it OK to stop praying for something when He doesn't deliver, as long as we start praying for something else?  For example, it's been a couple of years, and my sons still don't sleep through the night, so maybe I should start praying for God to keep me and Brandi from having heart attacks from chronic sleep deprivation.

Heavenly Father, I don't know what I'm doing.  I don't understand.  I want to obey, but I'm really confused.  Please help me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment