Monday, February 27, 2012

following Jesus' example

Mark 1:21-45

14 Later on, after John was arrested, Jesus went into Galilee, where he preached God's Good News. 15 "The time promised by God has come at last!" he announced. "The Kingdom of God is near! Repent of your sins and believe the Good News!"

Yesterday, as I was changing Beau's dirty diaper, I was thinking about a spiritual analogy with our Heavenly Father cleaning us up from the mess of sin.  God doesn't want us mostly clean, He wants us completely clean.  God doesn't want any residue of sin in our lives, because He knows that it will irritate and infect.

35 Before daybreak the next morning, Jesus got up and went out to an isolated place to pray. 36 Later Simon and the others went out to find him. 37 When they found him, they said, "Everyone is looking for you."

 38 But Jesus replied, "We must go on to other towns as well, and I will preach to them, too. That is why I came." 39 So he traveled throughout the region of Galilee, preaching in the synagogues and casting out demons.

As I think about our trips to Ecuador with clean water filters, I realize that the spiritual healing is the primary goal.  I also realize that, like Jesus, we are not going to heal everyone all at once.  We are limited by our humanity.  But we can follow the will of God if we take time to seek Him and listen to Him, as Jesus did.

Heavenly Father, please help me seek you.  Please help me listen to you and obey your Spirit.  God, I want to serve you and follow you.  Lord Jesus, I want to help people in your name so that they will meet you and trust you.  Lord, please open my eyes to how you can use me to help meet peoples' physical needs and share the Living Water which heals all spiritual needs.  I love you, Lord, and I need you.

No comments:

Post a Comment