Thursday, February 2, 2012

simply focus on Jesus

Matthew 17:1-13

 5While [Peter] was going on like this, babbling, a light-radiant cloud enveloped them, and sounding from deep in the cloud a voice: "This is my Son, marked by my love, focus of my delight. Listen to him."

 6-8When the disciples heard it, they fell flat on their faces, scared to death. But Jesus came over and touched them. "Don't be afraid." When they opened their eyes and looked around all they saw was Jesus, only Jesus.

This is one of my favorite encounters of the Disciples with Jesus.  It is easy for us to get distracted and pay too much attention to other stuff going on around us, but at then end of the day, we simply need to focus our attention on Jesus. 

Heavenly Father, thank you for your Son, Jesus.  Thank you for His life, death, and resurrection.  Thank you for giving us the Bible to know Him.  Lord Jesus, thank you for your love and patience.  Holy Spirit, please turn the attention of my mind, heart, and soul to Jesus.  I want to love you and follow you.  I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment