Tuesday, February 7, 2012

security

Matthew 19:13-30

27 Then Peter said to him, "We've given up everything to follow you. What will we get?"  28 Jesus replied, "I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. 29 And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life. 30 But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.

This morning is another morning that I wake up stressed about all of the stuff I need to get done today at work.  It is easy to see all of the responsibilities that are expected of me and think that (1) I am not a very good worker because I can't get all of this done and (2) that I might lose my job if I don't get more accomplished.

As I was picking out clothes out of my closet to wear today, I asked myself, "Why am I so tired?...all the time?"  I am really tired of working so hard, and I know that it is because I am working as if my security is in my own hands.  I have got to figure out how to trust God for security.  How can I let go of the desire to keep my job?  I just don't know how.

Heavenly Father, I feel like I might be working harder than I need to.  I don't know how to trust you, even though you have always taken care of me.  Lord, please turn my heart to love you and enjoy you instead of fearing the world and being anxious and stressed about work.  I need you, Lord.  Please help me.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment