Tuesday, February 21, 2012

our battle is not flesh and blood

Matthew 26:31-75

This one really impresses me:

 52 "Put away your sword," Jesus told him. "Those who use the sword will die by the sword. 53 Don't you realize that I could ask my Father for thousands of angels to protect us, and he would send them instantly? 54 But if I did, how would the Scriptures be fulfilled that describe what must happen now?"

Jesus was fully aware that the physical conflict was trivial.  The angels could have stopped the whole skirmish in a heartbeat, but Jesus understood that it was the spiritual conflict that needed resolution.

Heavenly Father, please help me see my life and situation through your eyes.  Please deliver me from being so focused on the physical, and help me see the spiritual reality so that I can cooperate in advancing your Kingdom.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment