Monday, January 20, 2014

Made perfectly whole

Matthew 14:35-36 NLT

When the people recognized Jesus, the news of his arrival spread quickly throughout the whole area, and soon people were bringing all their sick to be healed. They begged him to let the sick touch at least the fringe of his robe, and all who touched him were healed.

After Jesus fed the 5000 and walked on water, He healed.  The Greek word literally means "made perfectly whole" or "saved completely".

In addition to reading the New Testament in a year, i am also reading it through in a month, and I have been impressed with Jesus's compassion toward the sick and His power to heal.  There is nothing that He can not remedy - even sinful nature.

On another note, with respect to my New Year resolutions, I feel like I made an important decision yesterday to take today (MLK day) off from work and spend it with my family.  I feel like this is an important decision because I consciously chose to invest in my family instead of work.  I want to continue making choices like this - practically leading my heart to reflect my priorities in the way that I spend my time, and guarding against being a workaholic.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the love that you have shown and continue to show through Christ.  Thank you for demonstrating your power by saving and healing our broken, sinful flesh.  We know that one day, you will restore all things.  May I be an ambassador for you today, anointed and empowered by your Holy Spirit.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment