Wednesday, January 22, 2014

par for the course

Today is the first day of classes for this semester.

As I was praying on my walk this morning, I realized that I was carrying a heavy load of trying to do things on my own.  Too much pressure, too much stress.  I began to pray, "Lord Jesus!  Lord Jesus!  Lord Jesus!"  I realized that I need to pursue Him, enjoy Him, and express Him.  So, I prayed, "Lord Jesus, would you be a good husband through me?  Please be a good father through me.  Please be a good teacher through me.  Please be a good researcher through me."  My goal is to experience Him and express Him, to accomplish His will and purpose through my life.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your grace and mercy.  Thank you for your faithful love.  Thank you for your kindness and generous providence.  Please help me stay focused on seeking first your Kingdom and righteousness, and trust you for all of the other details.  Lord, please use me to advance your kingdom today.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment