Thursday, January 9, 2014

Sovereignty

MAT 8:16, 26-27 ESV

That evening they brought to him many who were oppressed by demons, and he cast out the spirits with a word and healed all who were sick.
...
And he said to them, "Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?" Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. And the men marveled, saying, "What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?"

He healed all of their diseases.  Reminds me of Psalm 103.  He is able and willing to heal.  I need to remember that. 

He even controls the wind and waves.  Nothing is out of reach for Him.  I need to trust Him.

Heavenly Father, I want to trust you.  I'm not sure why I try to maintain my own sovereignty.   Lord, please help me humbly submit to your direction.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment