Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Word is Life!

Matt 4:3 And the tempter came and said to him, "If you are the Son of God, command these stones to become loaves of bread." 4 But he answered, "It is written, "'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.'"

Tomorrow morning, I have the privilege of sharing a message at our church gathering about daily enjoying and obeying Christ through the Scriptures.  My mom and dad have been consistent examples of reading the Word daily.  Over ten years ago, Pastor Robert Krause at Carrizo Springs shared a similar message on the last Sunday of December, and he invited us to join him in committing to read the Word daily.  One year, my aunt DB recommended that I consider reading through the Scriptures ordered chronologically, and I have since read it half a dozen times.

I am so thankful that the Lord has blessed me with people to lead me to the Word and teach me to learn Christ.  But the challenge remains to see grace and the Gospel every day through the spiritual disciplines.  We must be careful not to allow our hearts to become self-righteous, but to seek Christ and walk with Him in Spirit and in truth.

Heavenly Father, thank you for sustaining my spirit through your Word.  Lord, I want to seek you daily and meditate on your Word.  I want to know you and walk with you.  Please use my experience to help others taste and see that you are good.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment