Monday, June 30, 2014

gentleness

I need to be more gentle with my boys.  I have been considering how the Lord operates with us, and He is so incredibly gentle with us.  I think it is my job as an earthly father to try to communicate the character of our Heavenly Father to my boys.  I think that even in disciplining us, our Heavenly Father, shows kindness and gentleness.  He does not discipline us out of wrath; Jesus bore the wrath of God that we deserved.  He disciplines us out of love.  Now, discipline may be painful sometimes, but it is still administered with gentleness.

Oh, and gentleness is also listed with the fruit of the spirit.

Heavenly Father, I want to grow in your character.  I want to emulate you.  I want to know you and walk with you.  Lord, I want to be a godly father so that my boys will know their Heavenly Father.  Please help me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment