Monday, June 9, 2014

Joy

On my walk this morning, I prayed for Brandi and me to be filled with joy in our walk with Christ.  Then I came across this verse in my reading this morning:

JOHN 17:13 AMP
And now I am coming to You; I say these things while I am still in the world, so that My joy may be made full and complete and perfect in them [that they may experience My delight fulfilled in them, that My enjoyment may be perfected in their own souls, that they may have My gladness within them, filling their hearts].

Joy is part of the fruit of the Spirit.  Joy is not that obnoxious, fake optimism or "positive energy".  Joy is a deep abiding gladness that comes from abiding with Him.  I think that as we abide with Him and see His glory, holiness, and love, we are compelled to be glad for the salvation, sonship, and fellowship thst He gives us.  And perhaps, even more deeply, we are glad simply for who He is.

Heavenly Father, you are holy, glorious, and kind.  Thank you for allowing me to know you as my Heavenly Father through Jesus Christ.  Holy Spirit, please produce the fruit of joy in my life so that others around me may see your goodness and desire to experience your life.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment