Sunday, June 1, 2014

Testifying

John 12:9, 17 NIV

Meanwhile a large crowd of Jews found out that Jesus was there and came, not only because of him but also to see Lazarus, whom he had raised from the dead. ... Now the crowd that was with him when he called Lazarus from the tomb and raised him from the dead continued to spread the word.

One of the simple, yet essential, functions of a disciple of Jesus is testifying to the person and work of Christ in your life. I feel like the Lord has given me favor with some of the academics who I work with, and I want to be faithful to share what God is doing in my life.  (This avoids the digression to pointless philosophical/doctrinal arguments.)

Heavenly Father, please help me grow in maturity and sincerity in sharing how you are working in my life.  I want to experience you daily and be faithful to genuinely share your love with others.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment