Friday, August 1, 2014

Sad day

Romans 1

We found out today that my cousin's baby died just a few weeks before full term.

It is situations like these when we must fight to believe that God is good and that His plans for us are good. We have to realize that our perspective of "good" is limited.  We have an opportunity here to continue to thank Him and praise Him in all circumstances. We have to set our minds on the spirit.  Relentlessly.

Heavenly Father, thank you for faith in Jesus Christ.  Thank you for the life of this child.  I praise you because I know that he was fearfully and wonderfully made, and you are sovereign over all things.  You are good and kind; you are faithful and just, even when I don't feel like you are. My perspective is limited, but you know all things. I choose to believe in you; I choose to trust you and follow you.  Holy Spirit, would you please minister your comfort and peace to everyone involved in this situation?  I trust you to work all things for the good of those who love you and are called according to your purpose.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment