Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spirit-filled, Spirit-led

1 Corinthians 2:4, 10-12 NLT

And my message and my preaching were very plain. Rather than using clever and persuasive speeches, I relied only on the power of the Holy Spirit. ... it was to us that God revealed these things by his Spirit. For his Spirit searches out everything and shows us God's deep secrets. No one can know a person's thoughts except that person's own spirit, and no one can know God's thoughts except God's own Spirit. And we have received God's Spirit (not the world's spirit), so we can know the wonderful things God has freely given us.

I am growing in the realization of how much we need to be tuned in to the Spirit.   We recieve the Holy Spirit in faith, but it seems to me that we need to actively submit ourselves to listen and obey Him.

His Spirit is in me, and I have the opportunity to know the thoughts of God.  That's pretty incredible when you think about it.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your presence through the Holy Spirit.  Thank you for revealing yourself to me.  Lord, may I be faithful to share you with others.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment