Friday, August 29, 2014

So that by all possible means

1CO 9:19-24 NIV

Though I am free and belong to no one, I have made myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some. I do all this for the sake of the gospel, that I may share in its blessings.   Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.

Is that really the way that I live?  Am I trying to connect with all people?  Or are there some who I don't really try to engage, either because of cultural differences,  or just because I am lazy. 

Am I running to win?  Athletes go into strict training, if they really want to win.

Heavenly Father, I want to press on toward the prize for which you are calling me heavenward in Christ Jesus.  I want to run the race with perseverance.   I want to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus.   Lord, please help me keep my priorities straight.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment