Thursday, August 7, 2014

Baptism

ROM 6:3-7 NIV
Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.   For if we have been united with him in a death like his, we will certainly also be united with him in a resurrection like his. For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin— because anyone who has died has been set free from sin.

Wow.  Baptism is pretty important.  I would dare to say, necessary (but insufficient).  Of course, the first counter argument is the thief on the cross next to Jesus.  Not sure how to reconcile that.

Heavenly Father, thank you for the ordinance of baptism.  Thank you for the opportunity to be baptized into the death of Christ.  Wow, that is pretty incredible.  Thank you for the opportunity to be dead to sin and made alive in Christ. Lord Jesus, thank you for the hope of resurrection life.  Holy Spirit, thank you for living in me and empowering me to live the resurrection life.  May your life and power be shown clearly through me.  Forgive me for darkening your light, especially to my wife and boys.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment