Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Finished

Revelation 21:10-11, 22 NIV
And he carried me away in the Spirit to a mountain great and high, and showed me the Holy City, Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God. It shone with the glory of God, and its brilliance was like that of a very precious jewel, like a jasper, clear as crystal. ... I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple.

Revelation 22:1-2 NIV
Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

I finished reading The Chronicles of Narnia with the boys this afternoon.  It was a great experience, and I have really appreciated Lewis's allegories of the spiritual life.  I especially appreciated the conclusion and it's parallel with Revelation.  In the end, we will find that it is only the beginning.  Too many times I am guilty of thinking too much of this life, but eternity with Christ will be so much more rich and satisfying than this life.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your patience with me.  May I turn ever more towards your holy mountain, and may I run with perseverance the race marked out for me.  May I finish well.  Thank you for the blessings of this year, and may I pursue you even more faithfully and diligently next year.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment