Sunday, June 21, 2015

I want to be like my Daddy

Today is Father's Day, and I am so thankful that my dad taught me the Scriptures and led me to love the Lord.  I am thankful that he has been an example for me to follow.  I am thankful that he continues to seek friendship with me.

Recently, Beau has been wanting to spend time with me, dress like me, and work with me.  Yesterday, Beau said that he wanted to be like me.  I told him, "Our Heavenly Father wants us to be like Him, too."

John 5:19 Jesus gave them this answer: "Very truly I tell you, the Son can do nothing by himself; he can do only what he sees his Father doing, because whatever the Father does the Son also does. 20 For the Father loves the Son and shows him all he does. Yes, and he will show him even greater works than these, so that you will be amazed.

I want to want to be like my Heavenly Father.  I want to demonstrate His character.  I want to know Him well enough to call Him "Daddy".  I want to genuinely believe that He is my hero.  I want to believe in my heart that He is kind and strong.

Heavenly Father, thank you for my earthly dad.  Bless him with more of your presence and power.  Thank you for my sons, who are examples for me to follow in loving you, following you, and believing that you are the best. Bless them with the desire to want to be like you.  May I have faith like a child.  Please help me want to be like you, and use me to draw them closer to you. I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment