Thursday, June 4, 2015

Reflections on the Taste Retreat

We had a great retreat this weekend.

Thursday evening, the discussion about praying for healing was very encouraging to me.  Basically, it's not so much about how much faith you have as actually using what faith you do have.  Just pray for people, and believe that God will heal them.

Duncan's message Friday evening about salvation and our relationship with God was very encouraging to me.  Duncan involved several people in a powerful visualization of the progression through original sin, spiritual separation from the holy God, death of Christ, death with Christ, burial of Christ, burial with Christ, resurrection of Christ, resurrection with Christ, dwelling with Christ in the heavenly realm, and the Holy Trinity dwelling with us.

On Saturday, two of the most impressive points were our identity as adopted sons of God and God's infinite riches.  Duncan shared a helpful framework for thinking about our relationship with God.  First, sonship; you are a son of God by the adoption of God.  Second, friendship; you can avail yourself to growing in your friendship with God.  Third, partnership; our Heavenly Father has a family business, and you can invest yourself in helping Him in his business.

Heavenly Father, thank you for making me a son.  Please help me grow in my awareness of this reality.  I want to grow in emulating the model of sonship that Christ demonstrated.  I want to grow in my friendship with you; I want to be call you, "Abba."  Holy Spirit, thank you for your presence and power.  I want to grow in partnership with you.  I want to listen to you and make use of you infinite resources to advance your Kingdom.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment