Tuesday, June 16, 2015

trusting His sovereignty

Yesterday, I submitted my application for promotion to Associate Professor with tenure.  I was encouraged this morning by several verses in Proverbs 16:

Commit to the Lord whatever you do,
    and he will establish your plans.

In their hearts humans plan their course,
    but the Lord establishes their steps.

Before I emailed my application to the chair of my department last night, I told the Lord, "I submit my plans to you.  I trust you to lead me where you want me to go."  I am really feel a sense of peace in knowing that the Lord is in control.

As I was working on my application, I was reflecting on the privilege of being a professor and the opportunities for impacting people.  I think the main way that I can impact people is through my words.  I was impressed with these verses this morning:

13 Kings take pleasure in honest lips;
    they value the one who speaks what is right.
21 The wise in heart are called discerning,    and gracious words promote instruction.
23 The hearts of the wise make their mouths prudent,
    and their lips promote instruction.

Heavenly Father, thank you for your promise of watching over me and guiding my path.  Thank you for giving me the opportunity to be a professor, and thank you for giving me the strength to do the work that is at my hand.  Thank you for your peace.  Lord Jesus, may my attitude and actions honor you and clearly reflect your lordship.  Holy Spirit, please fill my mouth with your words of grace and life.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment