Wednesday, June 10, 2015

living a questionable life, speaking words of life

At work yesterday, a lady whose office is across the hall from mine asked me in the hallway, "Why are you always so happy?"  (It was ironic, because at that particular moment, I was really frustrated with some bureaucratic barriers to getting my new research projects going.)  I replied, "It is my relationship with God that gives me peace and joy."  She said something like, "You can tell that you have peace and joy."  This was such an encouragement to me, but I feel like I really dropped the ball in taking the opportunity to clearly share the source of forgiveness, peace, love, hope, and joy that we have through Jesus Christ.  Recently, the teaching team of our church preached a series about being brave, living a questionable life.  Hopefully the Lord will give me another chance.

This morning, I was challenged by these verses in Proverbs 10 about my words being a source of life:  

11 The mouth of the righteous is a fountain of life,
   but the mouth of the wicked conceals violence.
...
20 The tongue of the righteous is choice silver,
    but the heart of the wicked is of little value.
21 The lips of the righteous nourish many,
   but fools die for lack of sense.
...
31 From the mouth of the righteous comes the fruit of wisdom,
   but a perverse tongue will be silenced.

Heavenly Father, thank you for shining your light through me, and thank you for the opportunity to provide a simple testimony of your love.  Lord Jesus, may I be faithful to share your love and truth clearly to those around me.  Holy Spirit, please pour your words of life through my words.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment