Monday, June 29, 2015

our Heavenly Father gives good things to His children

On my walk this morning, this promise from Luke 11 came to mind:

11"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead? 12Or if he asks for an egg, will give him a scorpion? 13If you then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask him!"

I want to believe Him and trust Him for this truth.  I want to ask Him for good gifts, believing that He gives generously and joyfully, but I don't quite know what my hesitation is.  On the one hand, maybe I think this sounds like the "prosperity gospel", but Jesus said it, so it must be legitimate.  On the other hand, I think I have unconsciously bought into the "poverty gospel", so I feel like it is not good to ask our Heavenly Father for good things. 

And I want to be anointed by the Holy Spirit.

Heavenly Father, help me see you for who you are.  Jesus, thank you for your promise of a loving and generous Heavenly Father.  Help me believe you and trust you.  I want to have confidence to ask.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment