Tuesday, September 15, 2015

knowing God

God said:

but let the one who boasts boast about this:
    that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
    justice and righteousness on earth,
    for in these I delight,"
declares the Lord.
(Jer. 9:24)

Jesus said:

Now this is eternal life: that they know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.
(John 17:3)

The word "know" in Jer. 9:24 is Hebrew 3045 יָדַע ("yada"), which means to know by experience.  The word "know" in John 17:3 is Greek 1096 γινώσκω ("ginóskó"), which means to know by experience.

I think God wants us to know Him as our Father, our Brother, and our Friend, and I think having conversations with Him is essential to establishing a relationship with God.  Conversations require listening. 

I want to learn to hear God's voice.

Heavenly Father, thank you for desiring to know me and for me to know you.  I want to learn to hear your voice.  Please help me.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment