Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Words and power

For we know, brothers and sisters loved by God, that he has chosen you, because our gospel came to you not simply with words but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and deep conviction. You know how we lived among you for your sake. You became imitators of us and of the Lord, for you welcomed the message in the midst of severe suffering with the joy given by the Holy Spirit.
1 Thessalonians 1:4-6 NIV
http://bible.com/111/1th.1.4-6.NIV

I think it is interesting that Paul considered both words and power to be connected with the Gospel.  In the past, I think I have focused almost exclusively on the logical explanation of the Gospel, and mainly justification.  But now I want to share the Gospel with words and power, keeping in step with the Holy Spirit.  I want to be an imitator of Paul, who imitated Christ.

Heavenly Father, please help me seek you.  Lord Jesus, I want to imitate you in preaching the Gospel and demonstrating your power.  Holy Spirit, lead me, and help me learn and mature.  I love you, and I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment