Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Breakfast sandwiches

We drove up to Cloudcroft yesterday to play in the snow, and we stopped at a gas station on the way out of El Paso.  I fasted breakfast and lunch yesterday, so when I got out of the car to pump gas, the smell of McDonald's breakfast sandwiches hit me like a pile of bricks.  I could almost see a bacon, egg, and cheese breakfast sandwich.  As I took in that aroma, I told the Lord that I want more of Him more than I want breakfast sandwiches.

I was thinking about how satisfying a breakfast sandwich is.  Savory and salty.  And I told the Lord that He is more satisfying than breakfast sandwiches.  I was reminded of Jesus and the Samaritan woman and how he told her that another drink of water would only satisfy for so long, but He is the source of eternal satisfaction.  

Jesus stood up at the end of the festival and shouted that for whoever believes in Him streams of living water will flow from within them.  I was thinking about how we can continually experience deep satisfaction in Christ.  He is more satisfying than a continuous supply of breakfast sandwiches.

Father, thank you for your great love for us.  Jesus, you are the living water, and I want to be satisfied in you and not seek satisfaction apart from you.  Holy Spirit, I want more of you more than I want food.  Please manifest your presence more in my life.  I love you, and I ask in the name of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment